Welcome to Swan Lane First School’s Website!
Our aim is for each child to achieve his or her full potential and develop the skills they need to become confident, independent and resilient learners in a happy, secure and caring environment.
As Headteacher, I am proud of our school and everything we achieve here. These achievements would not be possible if it were not for the hard work, dedication and enthusiasm of everyone who works at Swan Lane. Our teachers and teaching assistants work hard to provide a structured, stimulating and exciting curriculum which is delivered in delightful and colourful learning environments.
We are well supported by our governing body, and we work closely with parents and carers.
I hope you enjoy looking at our website which will give you an insight into what daily life is like at our school.
Please click here to find information about the Headteacher vacancy
- On Monday 17th June, the children were treated to a visit from James Carter - a poet.
- On Tuesday 21st May some year five children visited The Valley garden centre to find out about how a garden centre works.
- Wednesday 22nd May was this year’s whole-school planting day. Each class was given an area to plant with summer bedding flowers and they worked together to transform the school grounds.
- Swan Lane’s Eco Team create a special day to increase the number of children walking to school and educated the children on the benefits of walking by taking part in Happy Shoesday.
Latest Swan Lane First School Events
- Welly Week Year 2 & 320Jan2020
12:00 am - 24 jan, 1:00 am
- Welly Week Year 127Jan2020
12:00 am - 31 jan, 1:00 am
- Chinese New Year Meal28Jan2020
- 4ST Class Assembly29Jan2020
9:00 am - 9:30 am
- Welly Week Year 4 & 503Feb2020
12:00 am - 07 feb, 1:00 am
- 4W Class Assembly05Feb2020
9:00 am - 9:30 am